9 oktober 2014

Be kind rewind

I've got a big interest in sustainable fashion, during several periods in my life I've tried to minimize my shopping tours. Some successful others not. When I researched for my thesis at Stockholm Univeristy I read a ton of reports on sustainable fashion. I even started a Twitter account (which is not in use at this moment) to spread the word about green fashion but also the consequences for all the people involved in producing cheap wear.

Hope is not lost though! If you are one of those people who have an urge for new clothes on a regular basis the solution doesn't have to be to visit H&M. In Sweden the last couple of years, a few so called "Klädbibliotek" (Lending Library for Clothes) has popped up! For a small amount of money you can lend clothes, like a library. This is a great initiative for all of us "products of our shopping generation". These are the ones I've found in Sweden: Lånegarderoben (Stockholm), Klädoteket (Gothenburg), Umeå Klädbibliotek (Umeå).

Is this something that you have seen in you hometown? Tell me!

Source: HEIHEI



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar